Friday, April 4, 2008

Five Year Old Trickster

I was vacuuming in the bedroom one morning, well about mid morning, and Mack (the 5 year old trickster) came in and started asking me something. I put up my index finger and shook my head in the NO fashion to let him know that I could not hear him and that he needed to wait just a minute until I was done. He politely turned around and walked away. It was just about two minutes until I was finished. I turned off the vacuum cleaner and unplugged it and walked into the kitchen. There was Mack in the middle of opening a piece of candy.

"What are you doing?", I asked.

"Getting a piece of candy," he says nonchalantly.

"Who said you could have a piece of candy?"

"You did."

"I don’t remember you asking me if you could have a piece of candy."

"Yes I did, you were vacuuming and I asked you if it was to early to have a piece of candy and you shook your head no."

What could I say? I did shake my head no. I opened my mouth to say something but I quickly closed it because there was nothing I could say. I looked at my son Timmy and he looked at me and we both grinned. Actually Timmy laughed and said, "you got busted on that one, Nanny". Then I turned around and laughed. Darn that 5 year old trickster!

This one is for you Lisa………………………………..!

No comments: