Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Arrival of Twitchy

In just one day of my life a lot can happen. And today was a very eventful day. It started early this morning after Scot and I got up and showered. We went to get groceries and then just one more stop before we were on our way home. Scot's supervisor is leaving for another job, and the people at work got together and decided on a going away gift for him. I don't know if Scot was elected or volunteered, but we were on our way to a place called ---------EX-treme videos. It is an old trailer house that was gutted out and is now a place where you can rent "those" kinds of movies.

Our mission: a blow up sheep.

Interesting gag gift don't you think? I was a little nervous but curious at the same time. I was surprised to see a very neat and tidy store. But I was uncertain about venturing around. What we needed was right at the front counter. Thank goodness Scot had called the day before. The lady that was working there was an older lady and very nice. That surprised me too. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't her. Her Kitty cat named snowball was there with her too. I guess he kept her company all day in between customers. We were waiting for a guy to check out his movies and had a few minutes to look at what was under the glass at the front counter. I hope I was not blushing. Hmmmmm, interesting.

As we were getting ready for our turn to check out. Scot, with a serious look in his eyes (he's good at that) announces loudly, "Is there anything else you need here?" I had about 10 seconds of terrible anger at him. Then he grinned at me and I could not help but to smile back. Yes, I was embarrassed, but only for a minute. He is so bad! As we got to the jeep I told him he was not as funny as he thought he was, and he laughed again.

We went home and put the groceries away and I went to check on Twitchy. Who is Twitchy you ask? Let me back up a few days. Timmy brought home a snake from the pet store last weekend. He had it a few days before I even noticed it. Next thing I know there is this adorable little white mouse with a pink nose and twitchy whiskers. Unfortunately he was the snakes dinner. The snake has not been very interested in Twitchy. So we have spent a lot of time holding Twitchy and feeding him. He's pretty cute, and I can't imagine that he is snake food. I am tired of hearing Timmy tell him he is on death row! He was keeping Twitchy in his bathroom sink until the snake decides he's hungry. Poor Twitchy spends every so often in the snake cage but always makes it out safely. Timmy was not prepared with a cage for the mouse. That bothered me, and I wasn't crazy about him living in the bathroom sink. Who would have guessed he would have such a finicky snake? So I found a deep, large bowl and put Twitchy in it.
I shredded up some paper towels and put an empty toilet paper roll in there for him. I added some cereal and a tiny water dish made from the bottom of a bathroom cup. Sweet Twitchy. I wanted him to be safe from the cats so I placed him in my sewing room and closed the door.

Okay, lets get back to the present time. Groceries are put away and I am off to see about Twitchy.

He is not there.

Bad Twitchy!

I don’t know were Twitchy is but I guess he will not be snake food after all. We looked for him but that was useless. Two cats and two dogs in this big house, I hope he is safe until we find him. And I certainly hope Twitchy was not pregnant. Our electricity went out next. It's about 50 degrees today and it is slowly but surely getting cold in the house.

Poor Twitchy!

Something fell off the electric pole outside and they are fixing it (two hours later). It is getting near dinnertime and we are starting to get bored. No TV, no radio, and alas, no video games for Timmy. He is getting restless and starting to annoy me in his special way. And we have not found that mouse yet! A most interesting day it has been.

Oh Happy Day!

We found Twitchy! He appeared later in the evening. Timmy was in his room playing video games and I heard a shout.

"Mom, I found the mouse! Come here and help me."

He was trying to escape in the closet. He scurried into a bag with all kinds of " Timmy stuff" and we had to dig through old batteries and used lighters, papers and drawings all folded up. Speaker wire and old remote control that are worthless. Someone around here is a pack rat. Twitchy is now in a fish bowl with food and more paper towels and the empty toilet paper roll.

Cute Twitchy.

Timmy said if I pay for another mouse he wouldn't feed Twitchy to that darn old snake. Those were not his exact words, he likes the snake. I do to, but not if he is going to eat Twitchy. This is Twitchy's lucky day! I agreed and promised that I will not look at or touch the next furry critter than came into this house. It's awful being a softie.

No comments: