Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bad Twitchy!

This is the smartest mouse I have ever seen. Where did we leave off at on this story? It is not over yet!

Sunday morning (the next day) when Timmy woke up the first thing he said when he came out of his room was not good morning but, 'Did you take Twitchy out of my room?"

"No," I said and noticed that he has a permanent name now.

"Well, that's it! He had his chance, and he is snake food for sure now!"

Again we searched all over the house for Twitchy. He was no where to be found. Naturally it was my fault. I was the one who so lovingly put the empty toilet paper roll in the bowl for him to sleep in. It seems he is using it for a ladder instead of a bed. The kids all showed up for Sunday dinner and I warned the girls that Twitchy was loose. Jinny looked a little worried and Chrissie just started laughing. She is use to critters, she lives with Shawn. Shawn raises his eyebrows and asks who Twitchy is. And then he tells me as he shakes is head, "You are not suppose to bond with the snakes food." Well, no one told me this in the first place.

Everyone left and it was just about 11 o'clock and we were soon ready for bed. Then there was a small flash of white scurrying across the floor. It's Twitchy! Under the couch he goes. I think BJ (the dog) was the one who spied him first. With BJ at one end of the couch, me at the other, and Timmy in the middle with a yardstick we were going to get Twitchy somehow. I laughed at BJ from the other end of the couch. It was so funny seeing his little bug eyes looking under there as though he was truly going to help us get this mouse. He was probably looking for a midnight snack. Twitchy is the most scurrying little thing I have ever seen. What with all the dust under the couch and Timmy swishing the yardstick back and forth I couldn't breathe. Surely it was killing Twitchy too. We were closing in on him. Timmy finally got him by the tail but could not pull him out. I got him on the other side and cupped him in my hands.

"I got him!", I yelled.

Then he squirmed out of my hands again. Of course Timmy yelled at me. Not fair. I didn't yell at him when he let go of his tail. To the other end of the couch he went. Scot just kept his feet up and tried to finish watching his TV show while we looked like idiots scuffling around chasing a mouse. He ran to where BJ was, and Timmy yelled, "He's coming B. Get ready to catch him". By this time it was getting really funny, but Timmy was not laughing as much as I was. He failed to see the humor in all of it. That's because he was not looking at how funny BJ was. He was starting to snort and slobber with all the excitement. Twitchy was still heading in the direction of the dog, I think he saw his beady eyes focused on him and froze. With the yardstick in hand, Timmy was now able to steer him in the direction we needed him to go. Out from under the couch he came and he ran right behind the dogs toy box. With me on one side and BJ on the other side, licking his lips and glaring at him with those little beady eyes, he was trapped. BJ was just waiting for his next move. Timmy got him. There was much triumph in his smile too.

"I got you know you stupid mouse!"

He put him in back in his bowl with the usual comment.

"That's it buddy, your snake food now!"

He went to the kitchen, with a strut in his walk, and put saran wrap over the top and secured it. He punched a few holes in it and said, "There! Now try to get out". Do you think, if we had a covering over the top of it in the first place this would not have happened? Twitchy was safe for now, until tomorrow comes. But please note he did not get placed in the cage with the snake. The excitement was over and now we could go to bed.

Monday morning comes and the excitement continues. After my shower I was wondering about the bedroom to get dressed. I noticed Noah (the other dog) and Poopers (the cat) staring under the desk in there.

"Oh no," I said, "is it twitchy?"

I got on my hands and knees (butt naked) and looked to see what it was. It was only a rubber dog toy. I got it out and said, "Here Noah". He was not interested in it and kept his watchful eyes under the desk. The cat continued to stare also. She started twitching her tail up and down and back and forth. You know, the way they do it when they see prey. I had this feeling, so I decided to check again. I gently slid my hand under the desk from one end to the next. And guess what? I had Twitchy in my hand. Darn little bugger! I put him in the bathtub until I could get some clothes on to take him back to Timmy's room. I must hurry before the cat discovers where I put him. I placed him in his bowl again and noticed the saran wrap was still in tack. How in the world did he do it? I took out the empty toilet paper roll, which I so lovingly put in there to keep the bugger warm. Maybe Timmy is right? But notice he did not take it out either. I hope he stays in there for now. Timmy has not put him in with the snake yet. I think he feels sorry for me because I have gotten attached to little Twitchy. How did this happen?

Again, I remember what Shawn told me, "Mom, you are not supposed to bond with the food". How could I have known? I wonder if there will be another chapter to Twitchy's life?

No comments: