Wednesday, January 12, 2011

born to be a drummer

The other day we were hanging out in the living room, me and Dolly, I was sewing and she was chatting and singing like she always is. Shes been spending a lot of time lately talking to herself and her dolls. Which is a good thing, since it leaves me off the hook for awhile.
Then she suddenly gets up and says I am gonna drum Nanny, and she runs to the kitchen. What are you getting I ask? I need some drum sticks. I figure she is getting some wooden spoons and I am dreading how loud this is going to be. What are you going to drum on I ask? The can she says. We have an old milk can that I am using for a plant stand. Oh my this is going to be really loud. She comes running back in the room with two colored pencils from her pencil box, gets down on her knees and says, you sing twinkle twinkle little star. She raises her hands in the air and bangs the pencil sticks together and counts one, two, three, four, five and then starts banging on the can and says, sing Nanny. So we sat there, her drumming and banging the sticks together five times each in between each song and me singing whatever she instructs me to sing. I really think she is born to be a drummer! Did I mention that she knows most of the pieces of a drum set by name? Did I mention that she is only 3 years old? Better get one of those electronic sets that has a volume control..................................

No comments: