Thursday, January 20, 2011

the yellow soap

I was rummaging through my closet looking for something when I heard Dolly squealing with laughter. Then I heard the sound of little feet shuffling around in the kitchen. What is going on out there I yell? I headed out of the closet to check on the situation, and there was Ruby (the dog next door) running in circles around my bedroom floor with Dolly laughing and running in circles with her. Ruby's here, Ruby's here! Naturally our dogs are running in circles with the two of them trying to catch up to Ruby's behind for a sniff and so the three ring circus starts, AGAIN! Ruby has visited us more times than I care to talk about.
It's worthless to call Ruby to come to you, she won't. I have watched her owners chase her all over the front yard and our driveway trying to catch Ruby. So I sigh heavily, and proceed to work on trapping Ruby in the laundry room so I can get a hold of her collar. I close the doggie door and call everyone else to follow me, the rest of them listen and so Ruby follows too. She is still running in circles the whole way there, nails slidding over the kitchen floor, Dolly squealing Ruby, Ruby, let me catch you. We are in the laundry room and our dogs know what is going on so they quickly dart out while I close the door. I got you Ruby! Hold still so I don't drop you and return an injured dog next door. Dolly, I need to take Ruby home please be good for just a minute, your not dressed and it's cold outside. I will hurry. Not waiting for any response I just go and close the door. She sticks her head out the doggie door calling me. I keep hurrying so I can get back quickly.
I notice that the leash with the clip that you clip onto the collar is stuck inside the storm door and the inside door is closed. Hmmmm, wonder how hard it is to bend over and clip that thing on Ruby's collar before you let her outside! I knock and she opens the door smiling, hair still wet and getting ready to go to work. I wondered where she got to. She was in my house again. She smiles and says I'm sorry. I smile politely, say nothing, and hurry back home. Two minutes is even to long to leave Dolly home alone.
Is Ruby home now nanny? Yes she is. I return to the closet to finish looking for what it was I was looking for and I hear Dolly yelling, the yellow soap, the yellow soap nanny. The yellow soap is the hand soap in the bathroom that she is not allowed to use. She has her own soap that washes off much easier. She likes to slop in the sink as any little kid does. Dolly what did I tell you about using the yellow soap, as I am hurrying to get to her to see what kind of a mess she is making. She is standing in the kitchen saying no nanny, the yellow soap in on the kitchen floor, see. I look to where her little finger is pointing to and sure enough there is a yellow puddle on the floor. Ruby is not as house trained as her owner says. That's not soap Dolly, Ruby peed on the floor. Oh no! For shame on that Ruby she says. Yes, Ruby is a bad girl I say.
They put a fence up for Ruby this past weekend. Hopefully Ruby won't be coming to visit us anymore.

No comments: